This full day workshop is composed of two different sessions:
NEC4 ECC: Key changes affecting the management of the contract
- Morning session: NEC4 ECC: Key changes affecting the management of the contract
- Afternoon session: NEC4: Evolution of the Service Contracts
The morning session is designed to help project managers, contractors and supervisors identify and understand key changes under NEC4. We start with updates to defined and identified terms and other general matters. We will then cover various changes and simplifications to programme, payment and compensation events (many driven by industry feedback), before exploring some new process and initiatives.
NEC4: Evolution of the Service Contracts
The afternoon takes a look at how consistency has been achieved over the TSC and PSC contracts. We will cover the introduction of people rates, cost components and the overhaul of the Task Order mechanism. We will explore the various new secondary options and how work is ordered in practice. Both sessions will afford the opportunity for delegates to ask questions and explore the detail behind the clauses. An overview of NEC4’s guidance notes will also be provided.
Who should attend?
- Workshop sessions selected from key topics of interest within the NEC suite, drawn from extensive feedback and research within the NEC user base.
- Benefit from guidance delivered by renowned NEC specialists.
- Network with fellow NEC users’
- Participate in interactive Q&A sessions and group exercises
Offered to both NEC Users' Group members and non-members, these workshops are ideal learning and professional development experiences for:
- Project Managers
- Employers and their advisers
- Contractors and their supply chain
NEC Users' Group free and/or discounted places are available for this session. Find out more on the membership benefits.