When delivering large projects, can be difficult to gain insight into this broader network of sub-contractors. Did you remember the collapse of Carillon? The fallout from Carillion’s collapse has rattled the building industry in 2018, with its failure threatening to drag down tens of thousands of smaller sub-contractors that relied on it for work.
It is important for projects to have an effective supply chain risk management framework and business continuity planning in place. The adoption of NEC ensures supply chain engagement as top priority.
This workshop will consider how the various contracts and subcontracts complement each other and how to use these contracts effectively to manage risks within a project. The speakers will discuss how to write additional clauses to effectively protect supply chain and successful deliver project on time, on budget to standard.
The workshop is broken down into two sessions:
- Morning Session - Subcontracting
- Afternoon Session - How to write the Scope and Z Clause
Who should attend?
- Workshop sessions selected from key topics of interest within the NEC suite, drawn from extensive feedback and research within the NEC user base.
- Benefit from guidance delivered by renowned NEC specialists.
- Network with fellow NEC users’.
- Participate in interactive Q&A sessions and group exercises.
Offered to both NEC Users' Group members and non-members, these workshops are ideal learning and professional development experiences for:
- Contractors and their supply chain
- Project Managers
- Employers and their advisers
NEC Users' Group free and/or discounted places are available for this session. Find out more on the membership benefits
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44 (0) 207 665 2445.