The role of cost assurance is to provide all parties to a contract or programme with enhanced confidence that their objectives will be met. It provides a basis to support the concept of “mutual trust and cooperation”.
This session considers what constitutes effective cost assurance and how it can be delivered to enhance mutual trust and cooperation. The areas covered by the session will be addressed to a number of NEC contract forms.
By watching this webinar you’ll learn:
- The objective of cost assurance activities (and what it is not intended to achieve, such as,“savings”), for example providing assurance that costs under an Option C contract are charged in line with the Schedule of Cost Components
- The factors required to deliver effective cost assurance, for example a common understanding of any Z clause amendments
- The risks of weak cost assurance (particularly to mutual trust and collaboration)
- How cost assurance can be delivered in a cost effective way by avoiding wasted and duplicated effort and being flexible
- Common cost assurance findings: risks which are seldom managed well on NEC Contracts
, NEC Users' Group Secretary
, Director and Co-Founder of The Orange Partnership
This webinar was sponsored by
Download here the Q&A questions.