Frequently Asked Questions

I work for a developer planning to demolish and rebuild a large residential property. Is the NEC4 Term Service Contract (TSC) or the NEC4 Term Service Short Contract (TSSC) suitable for this work or should we be using a another NEC4 contract?
Neither the TSC or TSSC would be suitable as they are for services for maintaining or operating assets. What you need to use is the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC) or its short version, the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Short Contract (ECSC). The ECSC is for simple straightforward low-risk projects, whereas the ECC is for more complex higher risk projects. It is therefore for you to decide which of these two will be better for your project.

Back to FAQs