This training course starts at 09:00 and finishes at 17:00 with refreshment breaks mid-morning and afternoon, plus lunch.
All timings, except the start time, are approximate and may be adjusted to suit natural breaks in the lesson
For this workshop delegates will be split into small groups to review a series of case studies throughout the day which are designed to illustrate how the contract deals with the practical problems that occur on construction and engineering projects.
The topics to be dealt with in these case studies will be chosen by the tutor to suit the experience and competence of the delegates.
Session 1 - Communications
- This covers what types of ECC communications there are, show examples of what pro-formas are available and how to complete the forms.
Session 2 - Early warnings & the Early Warning Register
- The early warning process will be worked through with a mock risk reduction meeting leading to the updating of an early Warning Register.
Session 3 - The Accepted Programme
- Covering questions such as ‘how is the programme produced’ and ‘what does it look like’, ‘what software is available’, ‘how is it revised’ and how to deal with multiple issues.
Session 4 - Compensation events
- The compensation event process is worked through using a series of case studies, answering questions such as how do you notify a compensation event, can you use tendered amounts, what does a quotation look like and how is the compensation event shown on revised programmes and Activity Schedule/Bill of Quantities.
Session 5 - Payment
- Will cover examples of calculating the amount due for main Options A to F, determining Defined Cost and Disallowed Cost, and preparing the Project Manager’s certificate
Session 6 - Summary and open forum