We are planning to launch a programme to support those looking to progress their career into a strategic or management role. The programme would include help on leadership skills, negotiation, project appraisal and financial management. With this in mind, we would like to know if the proposed programme below would be of interest.
In particular, we are keen for feedback on the proposed content of the two-day classroom course which, along with the assessment, makes up the core content of this training offer.
Everything below is subject to change pending feedback, which can be emailed to email@example.com. We appreciate you taking the time to read and input into this and, if we go ahead with the product, anyone who gets in touch will be entitled to a 5% discount.
Details of the individual eLearning modules can be found by clicking the links in the table below. The proposed content for the two day classroom course covers the following:
- Reflections on Management and Leadership: inc. exercises and group working
- Current and emerging infrastructure and procurement strategies and policies
- Importance of people in a successful organisation: performance, culture, structure, effectiveness, creativity, innovations
- Setting organisational strategy: objectives, stakeholders, influencers, operating environment, resource planning, social/ethical positioning
- Marketing strategies for success
- Evidence/data driven research
- Innovation for growth
- Developing new revenue and product streams
- Identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities
- Managing and protecting IPR (Intellectual Property Rights)
The overall programme would be a blend of online and classroom sessions, followed by a personal and professional reflection to evidence your development. The programme has two pathways, one which recognises prior achievement with NEC*, meaning that some modules do not need to be taken as they would repeat previously gained knowledge.
|Path 1: New Delegate||Path 2: NEC Accredited*|
|Part 1 – Online|
|Procurement, Contracts and Project Management||Yes||n/a|
|Management and Leadership for Engineers||Yes||Yes|
|Project Appraisal and Financial Management||Yes||n/a|
|Introduction to Sustainable Development||Yes||Yes|
|Any ICET technical module||Yes||Yes|
|Any ICET technical module||Yes||Yes|
|Part 2 – Classroom|
|Two day classroom course||Yes||Yes|
|Part 3 – Reflection Assessment|
|Assessment of personal reflection and referee statement by tutor||Yes||Yes|
* NEC Accreditation refers to current holders of the NEC Project Manager or Service Manager Accreditation.
Once all of the online and classroom elements have been completed, delegates will have the opportunity to complete a reflective log/assessment. This will be supported by a referee statement and telephone interview.
- Assist you in moving your career to the next level of management
- Equip you with the skills to lead teams
- Decide strategy and identify opportunities for your company to grow
Upon completion of this programme, delegates should be able to:
- Describe current and emerging strategies and policies within infrastructure and procurement
- Lead themselves and others to contribute to organisational success
- Develop and implement strategies to support high performance within a collaborative, innovative and effective structure and culture
- Recognise the contributing factors to organisational success and establish supporting strategies
- Define and manage the stakeholder environment and effectively define and manage stakeholder engagement strategies
- Identify and analyse data and information to inform decision making
- Identify and develop opportunities to grow revenue and/or develop new revenue streams
To let us know if you think this course would be of value to you, please get in touch.