Commercial Management using the NEC3 ECC
Commercial management is about using contract framework, such as NEC3, to deliver business objectives.
Within an NEC3 framework the role of the commercial manager is to manage a commercial plan that includes managing contracts and finances, identifying and managing risk, and resolving disputes. A solid commercial management plan is essential in order to provide a robust governance framework and associated assurance that commercial aspects of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC) are managed correctly.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
- Acting in a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation
- A detailed review of the commercial clauses in the ECC
- Each of the main Options, in detail - Prices; Defined Cost/Disallowed Cost; Reporting; How to assess compensation events
- How to develop a commercial management plan
- Clear action plan for implementation on live projects
This training course has been specifically designed for anyone who is, or has an interest in becoming the Project Manager, or contract manager, of an NEC3 ECC project.
Delegates will include:
- Current or aspiring ECC project managers
- Accountancy or legal professionals involved in commercial management or Engineering and Construction Contracts
- Senior managers, executives and directors with overall responsibility for Engineering and Construction Contracts
In order to get maximum benefit from this training programme, delegates should have prior knowledge or experience of using the ECC, or have completed our introductory online training course, Introduction to the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract.
Attending delegates are expected to bring their own copies of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract and Guidance Notes.