Managing Risk under the NEC3 ECC
- Understand how NEC3 contracts support effective project risk management
- Be clear on the relationship between the Risk Register required by the ECC and a project Risk Register which may be used by the project team
- Gain insight into how the Risk Register is adapted and changed through the lifetime of a project through the use of Early Warnings
- Enrich your knowledge of how early warnings relate to Compensation Events, and how the Accepted Programme helps in their management
- Confidently apply your risk management skills in practice
The Risk Register is a key aspect of the Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC) and the use of it is instrumental in identifying and managing the risks associated with a project and the actions which need to be taken to avoid or reduce those risks.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
- An introduction to risk
- Identifying and managing risks at the start of a project
- How is risk dealt with in the ECC
- What is the Risk Register used for?
- Identifying and managing risks during the project
- Managing the Employer's risks
- Summary and open forum
This workshop is recommended for:
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Contractors and their supply chain
Prior to enrolling on this workshop, delegates must either have attended an introductory NEC3 training course, or have practical experience of working on an ECC project.