27 November 2020
Hong Kong Standard Time
Australian Eastern Daylight Time
New Zealand Daylight Time
This webinar is designed for NEC users’ in the Asia-Pacific region to deepen their understanding of clause X22 – Early Contractor Involvement (ECI). ECI, where a contractor takes part in the design development and construction planning stage of a project, is now widely recognised as best practice in project delivery.
NEC developed this additional clause to be used with the Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC) Options C and E where an ECI approach is required. A fuller understanding of how to adopt ECI will allow clients and their supply chains to deliver value for money through collaborative working. Some typical ECI questions we get and to be discussed are:
- Why are the clauses only written for Option A and E?
- What happens if there is no agreement on the target at the end of stage one?
- How does the contractor prepare the prices for stage two?
- What activities does the contract undertake during stage one?
The webinar will be delivered by Robert Gerrard, an NEC4 drafter and Users’ Group secretary with over 35 years of experience in contract management and training.
- Benefit from expert guidance on how to adopt clause X22
- Understand how ECI supports innovation, team working and project delivery
Who should attend?
- Participate in an interactive online Q&A session
- Contractors and their supply chain
- Project Managers
- Clients and their advisers