25 November 2014
NEC collaborated with the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) in May 2014 to produce the NEC for FM suite of contracts.
The pack contained an updated version of BIFM’s Good Practice Guide on Procurement and the new How to Use NEC3 contracts in Facilities Management, as well as the well-established Term Service Contracts and accompanied Guidance Notes and Flow charts.
Hear from those who wrote the guides by watching the video below:
Topics covered include:
- A brief introduction to the NEC’s principles and history
- Why the pack was important – no standard form of contract in industry
- The highlights and recommendations of BIFM’s Good Practice Guide on Procurement
- An introduction to the Term Service Contract (TSC) and Term Service Short Contract (TSSC)
- Examples of the contracts in action
- John Bowen, author of the Good Practice Guide and past chair of the BIFM Procurement SIG
- Robert Gerrard, author of the How to Use guide and NEC Users’ Group Secretary
- Chris Moriarty, Head of Insight and Corporate Affairs at BIFM
The webinar is suitable for anyone who is interested in finding out more about the Term Service Contracts and why the Good Practice Guide to Procurement is indispensable to FMs using contracts as part of their on-going role.
NEC and BIFM also ran a follow up session to answer to all the remaining questions from the Q&A. Watch below:
The NEC for FM suite has been recognised and endorsed by the FM Category Board of the Cabinet Office UK, as well as the Crown Commercial Service, who provide centralised commercial and procurement services for Government and the UK public sector.