Role of the NEC3 ECC Supervisor
This online training course includes an interactive case study section which guides users through a scenario where they are challenged to make decisions on a number of problems.
- Appreciate and understand key clauses involving the ECC Supervisor
- Be clear on how the ECC Supervisor can make an effective contribution to a project using the ECC contract
- Be able to undertake the role of the ECC Supervisor
- Recognise the actions required of the ECC Supervisor and the consequences of action/no action
- Enrich your knowledge of the NEC philosophy and confidently apply your NEC3 knowledge in practice
The Supervisor plays an important, quality control role in the ECC, checking that the works are carried out by the Contractor in accordance with the Works Information.
- General Provisions - communication; acceptance
- Contractor's main responsibilities
- Testing and Defects
- Compensation events and the Supervisor
- Title - Working Areas
- Dispute Resolution - Option W1 and Option W2
- Case study
Approximately 60-75 minutes. The length of time taken varies depending on how quickly individuals study and absorb the material.
The online version has 13 modules plus 1 case study and 12 multi-choice questions. Pass mark is 60% per module test.
Please note that the licence is valid for 6 months only from date of purchase.
Successful completion of this course will award you 45 credit points toward your Online Academy qualification.
This online training course has been developed for:
- Those already undertaking or intending to undertake the Supervisor role within an NEC3 ECC contract
- Other construction and engineering professionals requiring an overview of the role of the ECC Supervisor