NEC3 ECC Supervisor Accreditation
- The only NEC3 ECC Supervisor accreditation available - a unique opportunity; recognised by employers and setting you apart from your peers
- Offers complete clarity on the roles and duties of an ECC Supervisor
- Gives ECC Supervisors real skills and tools to execute their roles
- Highly interactive, with emphasis on scenario planning and teaching through case studies
- Peer reviewed course content and expert delivery from an NEC3 specialist
- On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a unique accreditation as an NEC3 ECC Supervisor.
Acting independently of the Project Manager, Supervisors are responsible for monitoring, testing and defects, and checking compliance with the Works Information.
It is essential that those undertaking this role are sufficiently experienced, so they can understand and identify all its requirements. Depending on the size and nature of the works, an employer might need to appoint a clerk of works or inspector for this role.
*Delegate handbook (including terms and conditions)
This programme is delivered to the Asia Pacific region in partnership with the Hong Kong Construction Industry Council (CIC).
This programme is supported by the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate of GB (ICWCI).
Rachel Morris, ICWCI Chief Executive Officer:
'We endorse the NEC3 and NEC4: ECC Supervisor Accreditations for our existing members as well as those who seek to become members. The programmes reflect the duties carried out by our members on an ECC project and represents a fantastic opportunity for them to gain additional recognition for their skills and expertise.'
Those completing the programmes and seeking membership of ICWCI will be able to include this as a supporting accreditation when applying for membership.
Existing members of ICWCI are eligible for a 5% discount off the listed price for the ECC Supervisor Accreditations. Simply quote code “ICWCI5” when booking. Your discount will be applied automatically.*
*ICWCI discount terms:
- You will need to provide your membership number on the first day of the programme to confirm your eligibility for the discount
- Failure to present your membership number will result in your discount being retracted and your training invoice being re-issued at full fee
- Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively
Part 1 - Online training
This is composed of 2 modules:
- Introduction to the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC)
- Role of the NEC3 ECC Supervisor
These modules, along with their embedded assessments must be completed before you can attend the classroom training sessions.
These online training courses are reduced functionality versions of courses available as standalone products. They are included within this programme to provide you with an opportunity to refresh your knowledge. You will only have access to them for one month. There will also be no access to the digital views of the contract which normally accompany these courses. If you require longer access to the materials, you will need to purchase the full online products, linked above.
Part 2 - Classroom/Virtual training
- Role of the Supervisor and others
- Communication Protocols
- Delegation of Duties
- Using Works Information
- Working with Subcontractors
- Early Warnings
- Accepted Programmes
- Contract Data
- Compensation Events
- Testing and Defects
- Dispute Resolution
Part 3 - Final assessment
- Assessment 1 - Online multiple choice question paper
- Assessment 2 - Written project report
- Qualification - Once you have successfully completed all elements of the programme, you will be an Accredited NEC3 ECC Supervisor.
This advanced level accreditation programme has been developed for anyone who is, or has an interest in becoming, the Supervisor of an NEC3 ECC project. Delegates will include:
- Current or aspiring ECC Supervisors
- Clerks of works
- Construction inspectors
- Architectural technicians