The programme comprises 3 parts:
Part 1 - Online Training
This is composed of 2 modules:
- Introduction to the ECC
- Programme Provisions under NEC3
These modules, along with their embedded assessments must be completed before
you can attend the classroom training sessions.
These online training courses are reduced functionality versions of courses available as standalone products. They are included within this programme to provide you with an opportunity to refresh your knowledge. You will only have access to them for one month
. There will also be no access to the digital views of the contract which normally accompany these courses. If you require longer access to the materials, you will need to purchase the full online products, linked below:
Part 2 - Classroom Training
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
All timings, except the start time, are approximate and may be adjusted to suit natural breaks in the training programme.
Day 1 - Project Start-up
Day 2 - Programme and Risk Management
- Role of the PM
- Contract Data and WI
- Initial Duties
- Establishing Key Procedures
Day 3 - Commercial Management
- Programme Requirements
- Managing the Programme
- Risk Management
Day 4 - Contract Management and Project Closure
- Defined Cost, Disallowed Cost and Fee
- Compensation Events
- Overcoming Problems
- Day to Day Issues
- Project Closure
Part 3 - Final Assessment
- Assessment 1 - Online multiple choice question paper
- Assessment 2 - Written project report
- Qualification - Once you have successfully completed all elements of the programme, you will be an Accredited NEC3 ECC Project manager, and eligible for inclusion on the ICE Register for Accredited NEC Professionals.