This guide is written to help users to produce Works Information for the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC). Good quality Works Information is vital to achieving better outcomes for engineering and construction contracts, and reducing misunderstandings and disputes.
Works Information should be prepared with individual works requirements and the operation of the ECC in mind.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 The status of Works Information
• The function of Works Information
• The relationship between Works Information and Contract Data
• The relationship between Works Information and Site Information
• The relationship between Works Information and pricing documents
• Works Information as a contract document
Chapter 3 Drafting Works Information
• Incorporation of standard specifications
• Examination of typical traditional specification
• Health and safety information
• General drafting advice
Chapter 4 ECC references to Works Information
Chapter 5 Employer’s Works Information
• Example Works Information Structure
• Guidance and checklist
Chapter 6 Works Information provided by the Contractor for his design
Users should note that the NEC Forms of Contract are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner. However, Contract Data forms may be reproduced for the purpose of obtaining tenders, awarding and administering contracts.
Likewise, plagiarising any copyrighted document is illegal. For users seeking to prepare their own bespoke contracts based on the NEC Forms of Contract, please contact NEC at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and obtain a copyright licence.