Introduction to the NEC3 Professional Services Contract (PSC)
- Appreciate the use of Contract Data and Scope
- Be able to prepare tender documents
- Understand important PSC clauses in particular Early Warning, Programme, Risk Register, Communications and Compensation Events
- Comprehend roles and responsibilities of key parties
- Solve problems effectively
- Confidently apply the PSC in practice
[PRE-REQUISITE] NEC online learning module review
Recap of main points covered in Introduction to NEC3 online learning module: Prior to attending this training course, you will need to complete the short 40-60 minutes online module: Introduction to NEC3.
Details will be forwarded with your joining instructions two weeks prior to the course start date.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
Structure of PSC
- When the PSC should be use
- The main and secondary Options that can be chosen
- Other contract documents that need to be produced
- Mutual trust and co-operation
- Identified and defined terms
- Communications and Early Warnings
The Parties' main responsibilities
- How the Services are defined
- Key people
- Key dates
- The process for dealing with Defects
- How payments are calculated
- How payments are made
- What are Compensation Events?
- How are Compensation Events managed?
Other aspects of the PSC
- Risks and insurances
- Dispute Resolution
This introductory training course is highly recommended for all involved in providing or appointing a supplier of professional services. Delegates will include:
- Contractors and their supply chain