Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
Recap of main points covered in Introduction to NEC3 online learning module: Prior to attending this training course, you will need to complete the short 40-60 minutes online module: Introduction to NEC3.
[PRE-REQUISITE] NEC online learning module review
Details will be forwarded with your joining instructions two weeks prior to the course start date.
*Does not apply to in-house training courses.
The TSC system and contract strategy - the Options
- When should the TSC be used?
- The main and secondary Options that can be chosen
- Other documents that need to be produced
General provisions and the Contractor's main responsibilities
- Mutual trust and co-operation
- Identified and defined terms
- Role of the Service Manager and Contractor
- Early warnings
Time, testing and Defects
- When the service starts
- How defective work is managed
- How payments are calculated
- When payments are made
- What are Compensation Events?
- How are Compensation Events managed?
Use of equipment, Plant and Materials
- Title and the management of equipment, Plant and Materials
Risks and Insurance
- Risk within the TSC
- Insurance provisions within the TSC
Termination and Dispute Resolution
- Termination and Dispute Resolution processes
Summary and open forum