Effective Management of the NEC3 CCS FM Framework
This workshop is highly recommended for all involved in working with the CCS FM Framework including Employers and their consultants, Service Managers, Contractors and their supply chain and other professionals or organisations who are involved.
- Be clear on when and how to apply the TSC in your organisation
- Be able to prepare tender documents using the TSC using CCS frameworks
- Understand important TSC clauses, particularly early warnings, plan, Risk Register, communications and compensation events
- Comprehend roles and responsibilities of key parties
- Apply the CCS FM Framework in practice and to resolve problems and be able to instruct tasks with confidence
- Benefit from interactive teaching, group work and case studies that will inform your learning
- Reach an assessed standard of knowledge and progress towards accredited status as an NEC3 TSC specialist
The Crown Commercial Services (CCS) is responsible for improving government commercial and procurement activity, advising the organisations and bodies that it regulates on best practice in these areas.
CCS and NEC have shared an MOU since 2014, through which CCS uses NEC3 to set its frameworks for best practice in procurement. In return, NEC offers guidance, support and easy access to its services on procurement for all CCS-regulated organisations and bodies.
Building on this, NEC and CCS have worked in partnership to produce a new training programme that is tailored to specific CCS contracting frameworks and designed for those who are new to using the NEC3 Term Service Contract (TSC).
The TSC has been developed for the appointment of a supplier for a period of time to manage and provide a service. This programme is intended to guide facilities and asset management professionals within public sector organisations into the provisions of the TSC.
The programme comprises of three parts:
- It is recommended that all delegates attending this course spend some time becoming familiar with the CCS FM Framework.
Preparatory Online Learning: Introduction to the Term Service Contract (TSC)
This online module, along with the embedded assessments must be completed before you can attend the classroom training sessions
This online training course is a reduced functionality versions of course available as a standalone product. It is included within this programme to provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of the TSC and the terminology and processes it contains.
You will only have access to it for one month. There will also be no access to the digital views of the contract which normally accompany these courses. If you require longer access to the materials, you will need to purchase the full online product, linked above.
The one day classroom based workshop session will cover the practicalities of applying the management processes that are an essential part of the CCS FM Framework. You will be provided with invaluable practical guidance on managing an CCS FM Framework contract.
It will build upon the online module and show how the principles and practice of the TSC are applied effectively under the CCS FM Framework.
This course is intended for facilities management and maintenance professionals working for public sector suppliers looking for an Introduction to the NEC3 TSC and clarity on CCS frameworks. Delegates will include:
- Service Managers
- Facilities managers
- Asset managers
- Maintenance managers
- Estates managers
- Contractors and their supply chain
Delegates should bring a copy of the CCS FM Framework with them.