Introduction to the NEC3 Term Service Contract (TSC)
- Be clear on when to use the TSC
- Be able to prepare tender documents and appraise tenders
- Understand important TSC clauses, particuarly Early Warnings, Plan, Risk Register, Communications and Compensation Events
- Comprehend roles and responsibilities of key parties
- Be able to instruct tasks
- Confidently apply your NEC3 TSC knowledge in practice
[PRE-REQUISITE] NEC online learning module review
Recap of main points covered in Introduction to NEC3 online learning module: Prior to attending this training course, you will need to complete the short 40-60 minutes online module: Introduction to NEC3.
Details will be forwarded with your joining instructions two weeks prior to the course start date.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
The TSC system and contract strategy - the Options
- When should the TSC be used?
- The main and secondary Options that can be chosen
- Other documents that need to be produced
General provisions and the Contractor's main responsibilities
- Mutual trust and co-operation
- Identified and defined terms
- Role of the Service Manager and Contractor
- Early warnings
Time, testing and Defects
- When the service starts
- How defective work is managed
- How payments are calculated
- When payments are made
- What are Compensation Events?
- How are Compensation Events managed?
Use of equipment, Plant and Materials
- Title and the management of equipment, Plant and Materials
Risks and Insurance
- Risk within the TSC
- Insurance provisions within the TSC
Termination and Dispute Resolution
- Termination and Dispute Resolution processes
Summary and open forum
This introductory training programme is ideal for all involved in the provision of term services including:
- Service Managers
- Contractors and their supply chain