This programme breakdown is intended for the classroom training
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
[PRE-REQUISITE] NEC online learning module review
Recap of main points covered in Introduction to NEC3 online learning module: Prior to attending this training course, you will need to complete the short 40-60 minutes online module: Introduction to NEC3
Details will be forwarded with your joining instructions two weeks prior to the course start date.
*Does not apply to in-house training courses.
The ECC system and contract strategy - the Options
- When should the ECC be used?
- The main and secondary Options that can be chosen
- The other contract documents that need to be produced
- General provisions
Mutual trust and co-operation
- Identified and defined terms
- The role of the Project Manager and Supervisor
- Early warnings
- Contractor's main responsibilities
How the works are defined
- The Contractor's design
- Key people
- Key Dates
- Time, testing and Defects
When works start and finish
- The use of the Programme
- How defective work is managed
How payments are calculated
- When payments are made
- Compensation Events
What are Compensation Events?
- How are Compensation Events managed?
- Other aspects of the ECC
Other Aspects of the ECC
- Risks and insurances
- Termination and dispute resolution
- Summary and open forum