Submit your entry for the NEC Awards 2017.
The winners will be announced at the NEC Users' Group Annual Seminar 2017, on 22 June in London.
The NEC Awards recognise excellence in project delivery and showcase examples of good practice through collaboration from across the world.
Being a finalist, or a winner at our Awards, is a real achievement and testament to the great work carried out by the individual, team, project, collaboration or organisation.
NEC will be attributing awards in the following categories:
- NEC small project of the year - This award is for project(s) up to £0.5m. Candidates should give a description of best practice collaboration achieved on their NEC project(s) with particular emphasis on clause 10.1.
- NEC large project of the year - This award is for any project(s) over £0.5m. Candidates should give a description of best practice collaboration achieved on their NEC project(s) with particular emphasis on clause 10.1.
- NEC client of the year - This award is for any client organisation. Candidates should give a description of best practice collaboration achieved with their supply chain on their NEC project(s) with particular emphasis on clause 10.1.
- NEC contractor of the year - This award is for any contracting organisation. Candidates should give a description of best practice collaboration achieved on their NEC project(s) with particular emphasis on clause 10.1.
- NEC contract innovation through additional clauses – This new award will recognise innovative additional clause drafting which meets business needs whilst maintaining the critical aspects of the contract including risk profile and mutual collaboration. Entrants should submit their clauses and an outline which should include: rationale for the clause (business needs, supporting localised behavioural change, testing new working methods), anticipated benefit to stakeholders, approach to challenges and opportunities realised through clause in use, lessons to be shared with wider NEC Users’ Group.
The panel of judges for the 2017 edition will be announced soon.
Accreditation training delegates with the highest score achieved will also receive an award in the following categories:
- ECC Project Manager Accreditation
- ECC Supervisor Accreditation
- TSC Service Manager Accreditation
Before submitting your application, please read the following notes:
- The deadline for submission is 28 of April of 2017.
- Applications are welcome from any organisation using NEC contracts both in the UK and internationally.
- If you are applying for the Large / Small project award, the project does not necessarily need to have been completed. As long as you can demonstrate how you have achieved collaborative working practices, you are still eligible to apply.
- You can apply for more than one award.
- You can nominate clients or your own project / company for an award.
- There will be one winner and ‘highly commended’ awardees for the Large Project, Small Project, Contractor and Client awards. Only one award per accreditation category.
- NEC will announce shortlist four weeks before the NEC Annual Seminar.
- The awards will be presented at the NEC Annual Seminar, from 16:00 – 16:30, in the County Hall, London.
- All submissions (regardless if they were shortlisted) will be considered for further promotion via NEC marketing channels, such as e-campaigns, exposure on website, articles in newsletter, social media.
Should you have any questions about the submission process you can email John Donato - NEC Project & Events Coordinator.
Please fill out the short form below to register. When you make an enquiry or complete a form on our website, we need to collect information from you in order to fulfil your request. All such information is held on secure servers. The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and Thomas Telford Ltd (TTL) comply fully with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will treat all your personal information as fully confidential. Read full legal statement.